WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
PROFESSIONAL PRESERVATION OF EVIDENCE FOR VICTIMS OF VIOLENCE
We offer help and support in the event of domestic and /or sexual assault and document the evidence independently of a report made to the police. This makes sure you still have the option of taking action against the perpetrator later on.
We know: Many victims find it very difficult to decide immediately after they have experienced violence whether they want to report it to the police. However, in the event of a court case later on, it is important that an expert collects and documents findings and evidence soon after the experience of violence. This is what you can do:
1. OPTION: REPORT IT TO THE POLICE
Go directly to a nearby police station. Here all the necessary steps will be taken and if necessary, you will be accompanied to a medical centre.
2. OPTION: CONFIDENTIAL SECURING OF EVIDENCE - UNCONNECTED TO A CRIMINAL COMPLAINT
Go directly to one of our examination centres. Our specially trained doctors will make sure that all the relevant findings are professionally documented in a way that can be used in court. Only you decide what subsequently happens with the evidence. Our doctors our bound by the duty of confidentiality.
In the case of serious injuries which require medical assistance, you should go to a hospital or doctor’s surgery as quickly as possible. Ask the doctor treating you for photo documentation of the untreated injuries. In cases like these you can still come to us later. Visiting one of our examination centres is still a good idea, even after you have received initial medical treatment!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Court-admissible photo documentation and securing of evidence
- Medical care with guaranteed patient confidentiality
- Contact to support services
- Secure storage and documentation of all evidence - for at least 3 years
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF
- Please get in contact with one of the examination centres as soon as possible after the event. Some injuries are only detectable for a short period of time.
- As far as possible, do not clean your body after the offense (please do not wash or shower). That’s how evidence is lost.
- Put all possible traces of evidence (clothing, bedding and more) in a paper bag when dry and bring it with you to the examination.
WHO ARE WE THERE FOR?
You can turn to us, if you
- have been affected by domestic or sexual violence and do not want to report it to the police yet.
- send patients, need or would like to support our expertise.
- as a support facility send us clients, would like to network with us or would like your institution to be involved in follow-up care.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
SAFETY ADVICE – DIGITAL EVIDENCE
If a person who is threatening you has access to the computer you used to call up this website, you should erase your digital evidence once you leave the site. We have summarised the necessary steps for all current browsers on this page for you.